LIVING YOUR YOGA
Lake Atitlan, Guatemala, Central America
Deepen Your Relationship With Yourself, Your Family & Friends, and The World Around You
November 3rd – November 12th 2012
Included In Your Guatemala Yoga Retreat:
- 9 nights accommodations- double occupancy (request for single is available for additional fee)
- Unlimited tea, coffee and water service
- 3 vegetarian meals a day. Beginning with dinner on the day of arrival and ending with breakfast on Nov. 9th 2012
- Day hike of El Pico de Cielo and exploring a Mayan village
- Trip to Mayan Market with transportation
- Day hike to Amigos De Santa Cruz
- Yoga Practice
- Protection Ceremony with a Shaman
- A day with a Mayan Family
- Gratuities for all the buses and excursions
- All transfer except on final day from Antigua to Guatemala City Airport
*please note all activities are optional
What is Not Included:
- One Breakfast, Two lunches and One dinner
- Gratuities for the staff at Villa Sumaya and Shaman
- Extra Activities
- Spa Services
- Transfer from Antigua to Guat City airport on day of departure
- Spanish Language Immersion
Living Your Yoga
We fly into Guatemala City (GUAT), a population of 14 million and take our first private transfer to Panajachel. The drive is approximately 2 hours. Once we get out of the city we quickly begin to ascend the hills and winding valleys with a very scenic drive with views of volcanoes and small Mayan villages Once we arrive in Panajachel we will off load onto our ferry to the lake side village of Santa Cruz where we will stay for the next 8 nights.
Villa Sumaya is a picturesque retreat center located on the shores of Santa Cruz, Lake Atitilan. The rooms are comfortable, modern accommodation and is Eco-friendly. The grounds are landscaped for complete relaxation and inner peace. You will awaken to the view of three volcanoes. Each day we will have a yoga practice at 630am or 7am (this is optional) with breakfast at 830am. A set lunch time will be posted for those staying on the property and a packed lunch for those who will be off exploring the area. Our dinners will be around 6pm. The food of Villa Sumaya is made with local vegetarian ingredients (meat and fish option available for additional cost) and much love to nourish your body and soul from the days activities.
If you choose to add on the Spanish language course option you will still be able to join the group for yoga sessions and group activities. Your teacher will be local qualified instructor. You have the option of 2, 3 or 4 hours a day study (we recommend the 2hour option for balance of all activities; $70 add on ).
Each day will be theme focused. Our sessions will consist of pranayama, meditation, mantras and asanas; an all levels alignment flow. We will also discuss the history of yoga, the yoga sutras and the eight limbs, the exploration of yoga styles, chakras & living your yoga daily. Knowledge of the basic yoga poses & previous practice on the mat will help you on this nine-day transformation.
The mystical Mayan land is filled with a rich culture which will enlighten you to consciously “do” less and “be more, deepening your relationship with yourself, your family and friends and the world around you. Through a yogic lifestyle, nourishing foods, and selfless service to the community you will create a place of lasting serenity, balance and happiness that will enrich your life.
The adventures are carefully planned to allow time for balance. Restorative yoga classes will be offered on various evenings.
Taking our yoga off the mat will include SEVA projects (When one does Seva, one should just do it without any thought for a return – think of it as a duty to the society). These include but are optional (joining the SEVA projects will enhance your experience)
- We will visit Amigos de Santa Cruz, on of Guatemala’s 45 poorest townships in all of Guatemala with illiteracy and malnutrition among the highest in the country. The have a new vocational center which teaches the youth and adults new skills helping them with new work opportunities and a prosperous community. We can bring items for donation and will find out what these are as the dates approach.
- Prior to our Guatemalan Yoga Retreat, we will have a fundraising event to raise money for a food drive. You can create your own fundraiser in your area or bring a small donation if you would like, but is not mandatory (approximately $40). We will then work together packaging the food and be part of the distribution of the items to local villages. You can also contact your local dentist or pediatrician to ask for donations of toothbrushes, toothpaste, vitamins…the list goes on.
There will be plenty of down time for hammock enlightenment, spa services or extra activities that you may enjoy around the lake.
About Your Guides
Chantelle received her 500 Hour from the world renowned Kripalu Center for Yoga & Health. There she was lucky enough to train with several experienced faculty members, studying all aspects of yoga from anatomy and physiology to philosophy and meditation. Teaching in the Kripalu style, students are encouraged to find their own unique expression of yoga that best helps to fulfill their individual goals of physical fitness and mental clarity. Chantelle guides students through creative posture flows where the breath is linked with movement – a mediation in motion.
Danielle has been teaching yoga full time since 2009 and has received her E-RYT 200 with the Yoga Alliance and has obtained over 1000 hours of teaching yoga, a combination of group, private lessons & workshops. She also holds her Relax and Renew certification with Judith Hanson Lasater. Practicing yoga for her, is in everything she does, not just part of her daily asana practice. She teaches Hatha yoga; a combination of meditation, pranayama, alignment, and vinyasa focusing on the heart center.
PRICING Sign Up Now
US $ 1350 Double Occupancy
Single Occupancy available upon request